Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Bacon-Wrapped BBQ Chicken with Apples

I was talking to my mom as I left the grocery store the other day...


Me: So, I think I'm gonna wrap some chicken breasts in bacon, 
put barbecue sauce on them and roast them in the oven. 
I'm gonna put apples on top somehow.

Mom: I'd put he apples on the side.
Are you just making this up off the top of your head?

Me: Why, yes I am.

Y'all. It is so good! 
Tender and sweet with a little bit of BBQ spice. 

Winner, winner (another great) chicken dinner!

Here's what I did.

Heat oven to 350

Place 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts on a baking sheet and season (I shake some Tony Chachere's on both sides). Wrap each piece of chicken with bacon securing the ends underneath the chicken.
I used about 1 and 1/2 slices if bacon per piece of chicken. 
Sprinkle brown sugar over the top and bake for 45 minutes. 

Top with barbecue sauce and continue baking for 15 minutes. 

Meanwhile, peel and chop 2-3 medium apples, discarding cores. 
Melt 2-3 tablespoons of butter over medium-high heat, add apples, 1 tsp (or so) of cinnamon, 
2 tablespoons of brown sugar and reduce heat. 

Cook about 10 minutes stirring occasionally until apples soften to your preferred tenderness. 
Some folks like them firmer, others prefer them cooked to an almost liquid state. 

Y'all this is so great-can be made for a crowd for Sunday dinner or a weeknight supper. 

It was such a hit at our house and just enough spicy and sweet for everyone in the family. 

Ingredients list:
4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
6 (or so) slices if bacon
1 Tbsp Tony Chachere's
4 Tbsp Brown Sugar, divided
1/3 cup barbecue sauce (more or less)
2-3 Tbsp butter
2-3 medium apples
1 tsp cinnamon

Enjoy! 



No comments:

Post a Comment