Thursday, February 5, 2015

Make This This Weekend- Strawberry Chocolate Chunk Muffins

I love, love having yummy treats around heading into the weekend.
I love things that are easy to grab and go and easy to share.
This recipe covers all of those bases and is the perfect thing for you to make this weekend.



Fresh strawberries are in abundance (and usually on sale!!) the first weeks of February so grab some and make sweet treats for your sweeties soon!

Here's what you'll need:
1 and 1/2- 2 cups fresh chopped strawberries
2/3 cup of sugar, plus a pinch more for sprinkling
1/3 cup of vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2/3 cup chocolate chunks (a handful or two, just eyeball it)


Here's what I did-
Preheat oven to 425. 
Wash strawberries and chop. Place them in a bowl with he sugar for about 20-30 minutes so they get nice and juicy. Add eggs and oil to the berries, stir to combine. Add dry ingredients and stir until moistened. toss in chocolate chunks and give it one more quick stir. Scoop into muffin tins lined with paper liners and sprinkle the top of each with a pinch of sugar. Bake 16 minutes (or so, depending on your oven). Makes 12 muffins. 

How I do it-
Anytime I'm baking from scratch for breakfast I get my ingredients in place and measured the night before. For this recipe, I get two bowls ready. In a small bowl I combine the flour, soda, salt and cinnamon. In a medium bowl I measured out the sugar (this would be where I put the chopped berries in the morning). Cover both bowls and set them aside with your oil, chocolate chunks and measuring cups. I also set my liners in the muffin tin. In the morning I turn on the oven, chop the berries then let them sit while I shower, caffeinate, or bible study. You can do it too! 

Enjoy sharing these this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment