Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Jay's 5th Birthday! (Summer ep 5)

Early in the summer we were at the beach talking about Jay's birthday and the theme of boats and fish kept coming up. 

We seem to have a theme of picking parties that are not existing themes at your local party store so I put Patience to work on the invitation and she didn't disappoint! 

We had a "Big Boat, Big Fish" theme. We had big fun and a big cake (with a fish jumping out!!). 



 He was still 4 on party day!


We did not do the greatest job with pictures, did nearly have a hair fire with the birthday boy, and had our whole house looking mighty nautical. (Somehow, my picture-taking talent went kaput during the mid-way point of our crazy-fun summer. I also think I was having storage issues.) 

Jay FINALLY turning 5 was amazing. Everyone we know said they felt like he'd been 4 forever and I have to agree. Everything about 4 was fun, it seemed to be magical and it also seemed like 5 would never come. I know it will only get faster from here so I'm keeping Jay at this age locked up in my heart forever. So fun!

On his actual birthday we celebrated and sang again with chocolate muffins, then went to Airwalk with Weston and Davis, then Jen took us all out to lunch THEN we went to the Galleria to spend a Lego card Jay had gotten for his birthday (and everyone else got Legos too. Can Jay have a birthday everyday?)


We ended the night with dinner at Moe's Bar B Cue with Dede and Papa. Turning 5 totally wore us out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment